Whatever, whenever, whyever. Also serves as my random Research Dump, with the emphasis on Dump.

5.19.2005

Class

A little over 7 months ago, I watched the Pistons and Pacers display the worst of sportsmanship, when a fight went into the stands.

A little over an hour ago, I watched the Pistons and Pacers display the best of sportsmanship, when...with 15 seconds to go and the Detroit victory assured...Larry Brown called a timeout.

He called the timeout so he...and his Pistons...could walk out onto the floor and applaud Reggie Miller, who had just left the floor in his final game in the NBA.

I dislike both teams (Go Bulls) and have a begrudging respect for each. I've never been a Miller fan, but his career deserved to be applauded.

The fact that Coach Brown recognized this gives me a little hope for The Pro Athlete. Not much. But a little.