Whatever, whenever, whyever. Also serves as my random Research Dump, with the emphasis on Dump.

5.18.2005

The Dark Knight Returns Some More

Caught the special "15 Minute Sneak Peek At Batman Returns" at the end of Smallville tonight.

Wow.

Since I've already been in full geek mode today (I'm not alone, given the fact that Episode Three premieres in 46 minutes...) let me dive in all the way:
  • It appears that this story focuses on the Detective Angle, which was always my favorite, and was missing in the other flicks.
  • The Scarecrow looked awesome...and I'm drooling at the thought that HE'S a/the villain for this flick. Very underused nutjob. Always good fun.
  • Gary Oldman as Gordon looked pretty good in the brief scene he was in.
  • Michael Caine as Alfred. Liam Neeson as Bruce's mysterious sen-sei. Morgan Freeman as...as...hell, I don't know. Lucius? That would make sense.
  • And I coulda swore that was Katie Holmes.

This movie looks like it's passed worthwhile and collected $200...with tons o' hotels on The Big Two...

And YES I know I've fallen prey to bullshit marketing tactics as a faceless, soulless corporation uses it's TV holdings to shill for it's major motion picture and whet the appetites of the exact audience they want to put in the seats.

And I don't care. It's fucking Batman. Shut up.