Whatever, whenever, whyever. Also serves as my random Research Dump, with the emphasis on Dump.

5.03.2005

They're The Creamiest

The boys from Cream are back, if only briefly.

Clapton, Bruce, and Baker (listed in diplomatic order, choosing no sides) played their first show of the 4-date London Reunion last night.

If you're a fan (and you should be), here's the set-list:

  • I'm So Glad
  • Spoonful
  • Outside Woman Blues
  • Pressed Rat And Warthog (one of my all-time favorite titles)
  • Sleepy Time Time
  • I Feel Free (my 9 year-old son's favorite Cream song)
  • Badge
  • Politician
  • Rollin' And Tumblin'
  • Stormy Monday
  • Born Under A Bad Sign
  • We're Going Wrong
  • Crossroads
  • Sitting On Top Of The World
  • White Room
  • Toad
  • Sunshine Of Your Love (Encore)

Fan freakin'-tastic. Conspicuous in it's absence is "Strange Brew", but then again, could Eric really still hit those high notes? No "Tales Of Brave Ulysses" either...

I wish they would do more than four reunion shows. Hopefully they're using this as a warm-up for something more. It would be neat to hear the three of them after so many years. Maybe there will be a DVD. Next best thing, I suppose.

I'm too young to remember them as an active band, but I owned Disraeli Gears at the age of 13 and consider it partly responsible for my interest in music.