Whatever, whenever, whyever. Also serves as my random Research Dump, with the emphasis on Dump.

5.24.2005

Frosted Flakes Spokesman On Ice


The beloved Thurl Ravenscroft...voice of Tony The Tiger, and singer of the "You're A Mean One, Mister Grinch" song...is dead today at 91.

My daily work discussion group has been chatting about it this afternoon. Best comment so far comes from one of our guys in Eastern Michigan:


Favorite Tony Tiger Moment: I grew up in Battle Creek, home of Kelloggs. We held a debate tournament in High School called "The Cereal Bowl" and we went to Kellogg's HQ to get the Tony Tiger outfit, so Tony could hand out the awards. We walked out of the building with my friend carrying Tony's body in a plastic bag and me carrying his head. We were passed on the steps my a mother and her son (approx: five years old). The kid points and says "Hey Mom! Look! Tony the Tiger." My friend shakes the bag a little and says "Yep. We just killed him."

I wonder whatever happened to that kid.....