Whatever, whenever, whyever. Also serves as my random Research Dump, with the emphasis on Dump.

5.31.2005

(for Dumbass file)

Rev. Creighton Lovelace, of Danieltown Baptist Church in Forest City, NC, was trying to exalt the Bible, not insult Muslims.

Wow am I glad I'm dumb enough to swallow THAT...

In a statement, Lovelace said that after prayer and reflection, he now realizes that Muslims revere their holy book more than many Americans revere the Bible.

The statement said:

"Now I realize how offensive this is to them, and after praying about it, I have chosen to remove the sign. I apologize for posting that message and deeply regret that it has offended so many in the Muslim community. I remain committed to proclaiming the Gospel of Jesus Christ and renew my commitment to proclaiming that message in the true spirit of Christ's love."

Lovelace said the church sign's message has been replaced with a new one that reads: "Jesus said, 'I am the way.'"